Hello Animal Hospital of Oakville Clients
July 16, 2021, As much as we would love to see our clients back in the hospital, we will be continuing with curbside care (where we retrieve pets from clients outside of the hospital) and will re-evaluate in the fall. Lack of space, as well as the number of staff we have working at any given time, makes it difficult to maintain social distancing and can add stress to the team while they work to provide the best patient care during very busy days in the hospital. Thank you in advance for your understanding during a very challenging time.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the hospital soon.
Starting May 19th, 2020, we will resume our full services with COVID-19 protocols still in place to protect both members of the public and employees of Animal Hospital of Oakville. We will continue to use “curbside” protocols for both product pick-up and pet care appointments. No clients will be permitted into the building at this time.
All services, including nail trims, anal gland expression and blood samples, must be scheduled by appointment. We cannot provide walk-in services at this time. Due to the necessary COVID protocols, all services now take longer to complete.
Please be patient as we work through two months of delayed services while continuing to prioritize care for sick and injured pets.
Resumed services include:
- grooming (nail trims and anal gland expression) and boarding services, by appointment
- blood test screening for tick and heartworm diseases, by appointment.
- physical examination and vaccinations for all pets
Walk-in Hours on Saturday and Sunday have currently been suspended. Appointments will be available on Saturday and Sunday. Priority will be given to sick and emergency patients. Please call the hospital for an appointment.
Logistics have changed in order to adhere to social distancing recommendations:
Medication refills and food
- We request that all food and medication orders be made prior to arriving at our hospital.
- Food and medication orders can be requested through our free hospital app or over the phone.
- Download our app for via the App Store or Google Play – search AH Oakville
- We appreciate your patience as our telephone lines are extremely busy.
- Food orders can also be made through our webstore for home delivery or in-clinic pickup myvetstore.ca/aho
- We will ask that you pay via credit card (visa or mastercard only) over the phone or online banking e-mail money transfer to [email protected]
- When you have arrived to pick up your order, please stay in your vehicle and phone the hospital. We will bring your items out and place on the curbside table.
Parasite preventative medications
- Blood testing for lyme & heartworm disease has resumed on an appointment basis.
- Tick/flea/heartworm medication can be ordered via our webstore myvetstore.ca/aho or our mobile app for in-clinic pickup
- When ordering medication, please provide your pet’s current weight and indicate the number of doses/months desired. Ticks are active above 4 degrees Celsius from early spring through to the end of the fall. Heartworm parasite prevention medication starts June 1 and is dosed monthly until November (6 doses).
Pet care appointments
- Please call ahead to make an appointment.
- When you have arrived at the hospital for your appointment, please remain in your vehicle and call the hospital. We will ask you to provide us with a cellphone number to call to discuss treatments plans.
- We will come out to the parking lot to bring your pet into the building for evaluation while you remain in your vehicle.
- After our medical team evaluates your pet, you will receive a phone call to discuss recommendations and a plan moving forward. Verbal consent for treatment and details surrounding financial estimates will be authorized via this phone call.
- Payment for the consultation will be made over the phone by visa or mastercard or online banking etransfer [email protected]