After Hours Emergency Hospitals
- Burgess Veterinary HospitalEmergency “after hours” clinic
- Mississauga/Oakville Referral Hospitalone of the possible referral hospitals we send certain cases to (to access their phone number/directions/hours/etc):
Animal Welfare and Rescue organizations
- Golden Retriever Rescue
- Lions Foundation of Canada – Dog Guides
- Oakville Humane SocietyPromotes responsible pet ownership through education and public awareness; Protects all animals, investigating and prosecuting under the authority of the OSPCA Act; Provides shelter and care for animals in need.
General Pet Information
- 24PetWatch Microchip ID
- AAHA Healthy PetInformation and newsletters from AAHA regarding your pets
- Dogs in CanadaThe Dogs in Canada blog site features the ever-popular Top Dog Awards, topical blogs and a wide range of information about dogs from – columnists offering expert advice on health, behavior, training, nutrition, sporting activities and more.
- Government Guidelines for travel with petsCanadian Food Inspection Agency
- OVC Pet Trust FundOVC Pet Trust honours the relationship between pets and their people and veterinary care givers. We do this by raising funds and supporting learning, healthcare, and research at the Ontario Veterinary College.
- Pet Food NutritionGeneral information on pet foods
- Pet Health NetworkA reliable source of information for general pet healthcare topics, including topics such as behaviour training and how to give your pet medications.
- Vet-Stem IncRegenerative Stem-Cell Therapy.Dr. Joanne Best and Dr. Lisa Haines are certified to perform Vet-Stem procedures
- Veterinary PartnerFor reliable, up-to-date animal health information from the veterinarians and experts of the Veterinary Information Network (VIN), the world’s first and largest online veterinary database and community
- VetPenHow to use your Caninsulin insulin pen video
- Companion Animal Parasite CouncilThe Companion Animal Parasite Council (CAPC) is an independent council of veterinarians, veterinary parasitologists, and other animal health care professionals established to create guidelines for the optimal control of internal and external parasites.
- Dogs and Ticks
- Heartworm & Lyme disease prevalence mapsMaps indicating heartworm & lyme positive tests
Pet Dental Care
- How to brush your pet’s teethA detailed step-by-step guide on how to start brushing your pet’s teeth, written by veterinary dental specialist, Dr. Fraser Hale.
- City of Burlington
- City of Mississauga
- City of OakvilleAll dogs in the Town of Oakville must be licensed. The Oakville and Milton Humane Society acts as a licensing agent on behalf of the town. Failure to purchase and annually renew your licence could result in a fine.
Pet Poison Control
- ASPCA Poison Control CenterAnother excellent resource for information about toxic plants and other poisons that your pet may come into contact with. Includes a searchable database for toxic and non-toxic plants (http://www.aspca.org/Pet-care/poison-control/Plants.aspx
- Pet Poison HelplineA valuable resource that provides 24-hour advice and information if you suspect that your pet has gotten into a poison or toxin.
- Rehabilitation Therapy VideosPlease consult a Veterinarian before starting physiotherapy treatment.
- Canadian Veterinary Medical Association
- Ontario Veterinary College (OVC)one of the other possible referral hospitals we send certain cases to (to access their phone number/directions/hours/etc)
- Ontario Veterinary Medical AssociationOur veterinary association. This site offers information about veterinarians, pet care information, and The Farley Foundation.
- The College of Veterinarians of Ontario (CVO)The College of Veterinarians of Ontario (CVO) regulates the practice of veterinary medicine in Ontario to protect the public interest. The CVO is not a school or university. The CVO licenses veterinarians, inspects and accredits veterinary facilities and